You are invited to a community housing discussion hosted by Urban Matters and the Boundary Flood Recovery Team for a comprehensive dialogue concerning housing needs in the community.
Topics of discussion as follows:
- Steps Boundary Flood Recovery Team is taking to address housing issues and needs in the community.
- Current short-term housing responses.
- Rental incentivization program.
- Working with nonprofits to strengthen non-market housing responses.
- Long-term buyout planning.
We want to know what matters to you, and what you envision for the future of housing in Grand Forks.
- What experiences make your current or previous community or neighborhood rewarding?
- What amenities were essential in your community or neighborhood, and what was missing (walking pathways close to the river, dog park, coffee shop, fitness facilities close by, etc.)?
- What do you value having in your neighborhood or community?
The format will be a presentation, followed by a world café style dialogue session. This meeting is focused on solutions for flood-affected residents, however, is open to all. Each session is stand alone, and all will follow the same discussion format.
Pre-registration is requested, please email email@example.com or phone the Boundary Flood Recovery Office at 236.570.2007 and leave a message with your name, the day/time you plan on attending along with your phone number and email if possible. We hope you can make it.
All sessions in Gallery 2, Grand Forks, BC. Refreshments will be served, wheelchair accessible via elevator and ramp at the south side of the building.
Session I: Wednesday, November 7th, 6-9 pm
Session II: Thursday, November 8th, 12-3 pm
Session III: Thursday, November 8th, 6-9 pm